- Senior Account Executive -Nashville, TN-
Longship has recently opened a new office in Nashville, TN and is in search of an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our team.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned Senior Account Executive with experience in freight brokering, operations, and customer service. This is someone who has an advanced understanding of the freight market and can hit the ground running with a turnkey operation.
Longship is looking for a sales professional who is proven in experience with an active customer base, skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers.
- Procure and develop new business
- Make calls to customers; solicit & price freight
- Achieve company objectives through effective planning, sales goal setting, and projecting future performance
- Strategically foster customer engagement
- Prospect and develop strong professional relationships—via phone, e-mails and outside sales visits— to sell freight transportation brokerage services.
- Provide full cycle customer service from contract to delivery
- Understand the customers’ shipping needs, negotiate rates, contact carriers/trucking companies to find the most efficient shipping option, provide order tracking and delivery confirmation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain the flow of business information with a sense of urgency.
- Contacting customers daily to not only generate revenue but maintain the relationship.
- Responsible for identifying sales opportunities and closing sales.
- At least 2 years of 3rd Party Logistics experience (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience in selling, quoting & booking freight
- Ability to develop and manage a book of business
- Track record of meeting/exceeding goals as an individual contributor
- Demonstrates good judgment, familiarity with internal business concepts, and strong sales, communication, & interpersonal skills
- Professional & punctual approach to the work environment
What we offer you:
- $42,000 annual salary
- Uncapped commissions paid bi-weekly
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA contribution with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Quarterly sales rewards, including trips, monetary bonuses and more
- On-site training, internal advancement opportunities, & career development
Click “Join The Ship” below to apply.
This will prompt you to send an email to: email@example.com. Please include a resume and brief introduction.
Longship is an at-will employer. Longship is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Lexington (HQ) Interview Address:
1051 Newtown Pike Suite 160
Lexington, KY 40511
Nashville Interview Address:
214 2nd Avenue North Suite 105
Nashville, TN 37201