- Account Executive
Longship Account Executives are highly motivated, goal oriented and strong communicators who succeed in a fast-paced environment. They oversee customer shipments from pickup to on-time delivery, assuring an efficient process. Every time.
Account Executives set and maintain high standards of service and reliability and we take pride in their contributions. As such, we are committed to recruiting, training and retaining intelligent and tenacious individuals. Our technology and resources are top-of-the-line, and our personnel are some of the best in the business.
- Prospect and develop strong professional relationships—via phone, e-mails, sales visits, etc.— in order to sell freight transportation brokerage services.
- Provide full cycle customer service from contract to delivery.
- Understand the customers’ shipping needs, negotiate rates, contract carriers/trucking companies in order to find the most efficient shipping option, provide order tracking and delivery confirmation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain the flow of business information with a sense of urgency.
- Contacting customers on a daily basis to not only generate revenue but maintain the relationship.
- Responsible for identifying sales opportunities and closing sales.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Entrepreneurial sales approach, no set territories.
- Must be okay with cold calling (70+ call per day until book of business is established)
- Aptitude and appreciation for selling in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and follow-thru abilities.
- Strong work ethic with a team mentality
What we offer you:
- Uncapped commissions paid bi-weekly
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA contribution with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Quarterly sales rewards, including trips, monetary bonuses and more
- 26-week, on-site paid training
- Internal advancement opportunities & career development
- Intramural sports & corporate gym membership
Click “Join The Ship” below to apply.
This will prompt you to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and brief introduction.
Please include which location you are applying for: Lexington, KY (HQ) or Nashville, TN.
Longship is an at-will employer. Longship is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Lexington (HQ) Interview Address:
1051 Newtown Pike Suite 160
Lexington, KY 40511
Nashville Interview Address:
214 2nd Avenue North Suite 105
Nashville, TN 37201